THE LIGHTHOOK PAGE
Welcome to the Lighthook Web Site! You'll find info, links, and things to provoke your mind and help it wander in new directions! This site is designed for the Netscape 2.0 Web browser. Other Web browsers may not provide all graphic features.
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20
has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
- The Underlying Parable of the Lighthook Web Site: The Parable of the 23rd Century Man.
- Sustainable Society: Making long term decisions work. Sustainable society means choosing actions that don't get in the way of our future. Here's where you'll find an introduction to sustainable society ideas and methods, and ways you can brighten the future of your children's children's children.
- Strawbale Houses: As the availability of wood decreases and its cost increases, the search is on for an alternate home building materials. One very promising possibility is straw, an annually renewable resource that offers many advantages over wood.
- STRAP is an acronym for the Strawbale Regional Assistance Program. What does that mean? People helping people build their own homes.
- Natural Pain Relief! Do you, or does someone close to you, suffer from chronic pain? Has the medical community been unable to eliminate the pain you suffer? Are you tired of paying for expensive pain relieving drugs, and of their unwanted side effects? If so, there is another, better way.
- Car Talk! Here are my favorites, from the past into the future: Type 181 and other air-cooled VW's, Datsun 240 Z's, Messerschmidt Kabinrollers, and Hypercars. You'll find specifications, lots of information, and a raft of links to great information sources.
- The Cyberbeat Columns: From 1992 to 1996, the Island Independent newspaper, based in Langley, WA, offered incisive, wide-ranging commentary on community and bioregional issues, and evidenced a literary panorama and level of excellence which was sorely needed, and is sorely missed. Cyberbeat was a column I wrote for the II that explored the human element of mass electronic communications.
- The Top Fifty Songs? Movies? Recipes? Movies Stars? Nope. This one will make you think.
- Lighthook's Quotes
- Didjeridoos! The Australian Aboriginal didjeridoo, one of the oldest musical instruments, can humble, perplex, and entrance. I make didjeridoos and teach people how to play them.
- Lighthook's Books and Movies
- Lighthook's Links: Web Pointers for Inquiring Minds.
- The Family Album! Photos of Jim, Annette, and Nathan.
Where are all the cool graphics? Click HERE to find out about the design philosophy of this site.
curious people have accessed this page since March 8, 1996.
If you like what you've found here, please
let me know!
James Lux, January 12, 1996